A 5-year regional justice sector reform project funded by the Government of Canada
LEGISLATION & TREATY DRAFTING
IMPACT Justice is drafting model legislation which CARICOM governments have identified as necessary.So far, this has included model sexual harassment, mediation and arbitration legislation.
To improve legal services in the region, we are drafting model legal profession legislation which contains an updated code of ethics, strengthened disciplinary and accounting provisions and a regime for continuing legal professional development.
PUBLIC LEGAL EDUCATION
Under this component, IMPACT Justice is increasing citizens’ knowledge and awareness of their legal rights and of other areas of the law. We are undertaking several activities in this area which target men, women, boys and girls of all ages, and also businesses.
In order to make legal resources more accessible to citizens, IMPACT Justice is upgrading CariLaw, a database of regional caselaw and establishing WILIP Online, a legislation database.
Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) is a cheaper and faster method of resolving conflict than using the court system.
31 Grenada Police Officers Complete IMPACT Justice-sponsored Refresher Workshop
Thirty-one officers of the Royal Grenada Police Force recently benefited from a refresher training workshop in the Law of Evidence, Report Writing, Interviewing and Interrogation Techniques sponsored by the Canadian Government-funded project Improved Access to Justice in the Caribbean (IMPACT Justic
IMPACT Justice sponsors UG Lecture on Professor Joseph Oscar Fitzclarence Haynes, S.C.
On November 7, 2017, the Canadian Government-funded project Improved Access to Justice in the Caribbean (IMPACT Justice) was co-sponsor of a lecture entitled “The Life and Jurisprudence of J.O.F Haynes” held at the Hermanston Lodge, Georgetown, Guyana. The lecture was the latest in the Univer
IMPACT Justice Model Trademarks Legislation Committee to Meet in Barbados
The Canadian Government funded Improved Access to Justice in the Caribbean (IMPACT Justice) Project is hosting a meeting to review the first draft of the IMPACT Justice Model Trademarks Bill and Regulations. The meeting is being held in the Interfaculty Lounge, Shell Suite, The University of the Wes
- Loading Map.... FirstCaribbean Suite B, Solution Centre, The University of the West Indies, Cave Hill CampusThe...
- Loading Map.... Radisson Grenada Beach ResortGrand Anse Main Road - St. GeorgesEvents 12.0274759 -61.75512659999998 Date/Time Date(s)...
- Loading Map.... Interfaculty Lounge, UWI, Cave Hill CampusThe University of the West Indies - Cave Hill...
- Thirty-one officers of the Royal Grenada Police Force recently benefited from a refresher training workshop in...
- On November 7, 2017, the Canadian Government-funded project Improved Access to Justice in the Caribbean (IMPACT...
- The Canadian Government funded Improved Access to Justice in the Caribbean (IMPACT Justice) Project is hosting...