Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) is a cheaper and faster method of resolving conflict than using the court system.
- IMPACT Justice is providing training in arbitration, mediation and Restorative Practices to promote resolution of conflict before it reaches the stage of litigation.
- The project is assisting persons trained in forming networks and associations to continue to put their training to use.
- The development of a region-wide ADR training policy and accreditation system is being facilitated.
- A community-based peace-building sub-project is being implemented to address issues of crime and violence within regional communities.
- As part of this component, the public is being sensitised to ADR and its benefits in an effort to increase its use.