On Saturday, October 13, 2018, IMPACT Justice held a certificate presentation ceremony for five of the seventeen persons being trained as Restorative Practices trainers under the project’s Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) component.
The awardees were from three countries and are:
- Ms. Patricia Warner, Senior Education Officer, Ministry of Education, Barbados;
- Ms. Julia Edey, Guidance Counsellor, Parkinson Memorial Secondary School, Barbados;
- Mr. Ken Layne, Deputy Principal, Daryll Jordan Secondary School, Barbados;
- Ms. Gloria Lewis, Teacher, T.A. Marryshow Community College, Grenada;
- Mrs. Ann Hamilton-Dopwell, Lecturer, Division of Education, St. Vincent and the Grenadines Community College.
After the presentation of the certificates, the St. Vincent and the Grenadines Restorative Practices Committee was officially launched. Its committee chair is Mrs. Ann Hamilton-Dopwell, one of the five awardees.