IMPACT Justice is reviewing and drafting legislation at the request of governments of CARICOM Member States, including:
- Model Arbitration Legislation ;
- Model Major Organised Crime Legislation;
- Model Mediation Legislation;
- Model Sexual Harassment Legislation;
- Report on an OECS Accreditation Project;
- Report on Rationalising of OECS Legislative Procedures;
- Business Names Legislation Review;
- Trademarks Legislation Review;
- Company Law Review.
The project is increasing the number and skills of legislative drafters in the region by:
- Sponsoring students to take post-graduate gender-sensitive courses on legislation and treaty drafting;
- Supporting an LL.B. introductory legislative drafting course;
- Sponsoring drafters to receive training in consolidation of laws; and
- Preparing and circulating manuals on (a) Treaty drafting (b) instructions for legislative drafters, and (c) procedures for drafters.