IMPACT Justice has completed the following pieces of model legislation at the request of governments of CARICOM Member States:
- Model Arbitration Bill (UNCITRAL approved);
- Model Business Names Registration Bill;
- Model Climate Resilience Enforcement Agency for Dominica (CREAD) Bill;
- Model Community Mediation Bill;
- Model Legal Profession Bill;
- Model Major Organised Crime and Anti-Corruption Agency (MOCA) Bill;
- Model OECS Judicial Pensions Bill;
- Model Sexual Harassment Bill; and
- Model Trade Marks Bill.
In addition, the Project has drafted amendments to the Antigua and Barbuda Sexual Offences Act and has provided new Regulations for a Sexual Offences- National Sex Offender Register. The Project is also assisting Belize with legislation for the establishment of a regime for civil asset recovery.
In addition, the following reports were completed by the Project:
- Report on an OECS Accreditation Project;
- A Legislative Review on Bail Acts in the CARICOM Region;
- Report on the Preparation of Environmental Impact Assessments;
- Report on CDEMA Model Disaster Management Legislation;
- Report on Company Law in the CARICOM Region;
- Report on the Status of Family Law;
- Report on Interpretation Acts;
- Report on Employment Law Focusing on the Rights of Domestic Workers;
- Report on Juries Legislation in the CARICOM Region;
- Report on Rationalising of OECS Legislative Procedures;
- Review of Business Names Legislation;
- Review of Trade Marks Legislation; and
- Review of CCJ Appellate Jurisdiction Rules 2015 and the Original Jurisdiction Rules 2017.
The Project is increasing the number and skills of legislative drafters in the region by:
- Sponsoring students to take post-graduate gender-sensitive courses on legislation and treaty drafting;
- Supporting an LL.B. introductory legislative drafting course (activity concluded in Year 3);
- Sponsoring drafters to receive training in consolidation of laws; and
- Preparing and circulating manuals on (a) Treaty law, negotiation and drafting, (b) the preparation of drafting instructions, and (c) drafting styles and practices.